SonicWall GVC and Windows 7- Error message Failed to open IPsec driver
Occurs when the IPsec driver failed to install during the GVC install on Vista even though no error was displayed during the installation.
This issue has been fixed in the SonicWALL GVC 4.0.0 release.
If the issue persists after the upgrade, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Global VPN Client using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- Run the GVC cleaner tool to remove the Deterministic Networks (DNE) driver. A link to download this tool is available as a related item link.
- Reinstall GVC.
If you are using Windows 7 then follow these steps:
1. Install SonicWall VPN client
3. Open device manager
4. Click “View“, then “Show Hidden Devices”.
5. Expand “Non Plug n Play Drivers”
6. Open the SonicWall IPSec device and set startup type to Automatic
7. Click Start to get the driver up again.
8. Reboot again to check if your new settings worked.